Tuesday, April 19, 2016

MAKE GOSSIPING ILLEGAL

The title of this article made me read the post that Around us wrote about a patient that records her surgeon because of the way she was treated before her surgery and led her to want to record him during her surgery and after. Ethel Easter found out that they had made negative remarks about her and her body.

First of all, how did she get a recorder in her hair? Don't nurses or the people that prepare the patients for surgery could of noticed? Regardless, I probably had done the same. But would of failed because I have short hair. Anyways, in continuation with the article, I think yes it was wrong of the doctors and staff to be talking about her to start with. That is not professional specially in the medical field. He did mentioned that the patient was being difficult about her surgery getting moved to sooner but she was not getting her way at first. She did filed a complaint with the hospital but the hospital responded by not taking further actions with the situation. It is disappointing how this system works. The patient was embarrassed and I could imagine what she was feeling while listening to the conversation. The doctors got nothing and there goes making it okay to talk about someone else.

Yes I agree with Mr. Kim on having Texas enhance their protective law but also patients should not take advantage also. Ethel was in the wrong for forcing her surgery sooner and eventually got the doctors upset because there are other people that have to wait to get something done even if they are in pain. I am not taking the doctors' side but we have all been patients in some point. Some respect the situation some don't. It really doesn't matter what it said as long as you got the procedure done and never see them again. She is not the first one to be talked about and won't be the last. Everyone has done it at some point. My question is, Isn't it illegal to record someone without their consent? Those doctors could of been talking about something important that the patient shouldn't be listening to. I guess every law is different.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reading my article! I totally agree with you about how the patient is being difficult, I'd probably acted the same way with my medical peers. But I do believe it's not illegal to record your own medical consultation or anything that has to do with your information. This includes disclosing it to a third party at your wish. But Id ask instead if I can record matters discussed about my medical information. The doctors should confidently be able to say yes. Otherwise, Id seek another place!

    ReplyDelete